How important is personal creative space? What is personal creative space, and why do you need it? Personal creative space is the space you set aside to focus on your goals. Your personal creative space is where you go to focus, brainstorm, plan, and create. Personal creative space is just like it sounds – Personal space.
Here at SociallyUp, we’re all about setting and reaching goals. One of the most important pieces of our creative social process is personal creative space. Allowing time to gather your thoughts in a personal space is a great way to prepare for collaborative creative sessions (post here). Personal creative space should be physically set aside. The space should be a repetitive area where you can go each day to plan. The space doesn’t have to be elaborate in any way. Whether you have a large or small space doesn’t matter either. The main goal is to create space where you can prepare for your goals!
One of the main complaints we hear when discussing creativity with other creatives is based on how to setup creative space and how to organize the creative process. Below are some examples of what has worked for the creative individuals on our team!
When setting up personal creative space
- Make the space personal and unique to you! This space is your area to create
- Personalize the area with simple visual motivation. For example: Add some wall art or other visual reminders of your goals
- Create a wall space to visually plan such as a poster, cork, or draw board area
- Set yourself up for success by keeping a notepad or digital planner near by
- Be free from distractions such as clutter and noise
- Use lots of natural lighting if possible. Better yet get near a window!
- Add some greenery to keep the atmosphere clean
These are simple tips anyone can use to turn any work-space into a personal creative space that is perfect for creative planning. Next, we’ll discuss tips on organizing creative processes.